Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekend March 27-28.....the Wildflower course


This weekend the team went camping to the Wildflower course, so we actually got to see and feel the course.

On Saturday we woke up early and drove to the lake for the swimming session. I arrived late (as usual), but managed to get on the water and complete the 1.5 kms in 30 mins sharp. Not bad given that I had breakfast 15 minutes before and I started cramping when jumped in the cold water.

Swimming done. Now ahead of me I had a 40 kms bike ride in Wildflower brutal hills......okay, the "brutal" is a bit exaggerated but the ride was quite steep (altough nothing compared to my training facilities, Berkeley´s North Hills). My guess is that I completed the circuit in about 1 hour and 30 mins. I don't know for sure because I spent 25 very nice minutes talking to the folks in the aid station......

Yes, i felt the pain on the afternoon. I was tired as hell and my body ache a bit in some private and not-so-private areas.....I had a great nap and enjoyed the sketches prepared by the San Francisco and East Bay team. We also got to hear from some of the people that have had leukemia or lymphoma and that are training for a triathlon. Wow. These folks are one of a kind.

After the sketches we gathered around the fire, one of the guys cooked some oysters that he brought and we all had a couple of beers. By 10:30 pm I was in my sleeping bag. Needless to say, I slept like a baby

Sunday morning we packed our stuff and went for a 10 km run, which I did in 50 minutes. Now, after the run, my body did start really complaining. It didn't matter because I have done the race track and will be ready to destroy it on May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment